A ring should fit your finger comfortably; snug enough so that it will not fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle. Bearing in mind fingers change in size slightly depending on the time of day and the weather, it is best to measure your finger at the end of the day.
Women’s rings typically range from size G to R. The most commonly purchased women’s ring sizes at The Wedding Company range from size J to N.
Men’s rings typically range from size P1/2 to Z2. The most commonly purchased men’s ring sizes at The Wedding Company range from size R to Z.
Follow the directions below to measure your finger.
- Find a piece of string or strip of paper no wider than 15mm (1/2 inch).
- Wrap it around the base of the appropriate finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string or paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
- With a ruler, measure the length from the starting end of the string or paper to the pen mark (the circumference).
- Use this measurement (the circumference) and the chart below to determine the ring size.
- An alternate method might be to measure the diameter of an existing ring (worn on the same finger) and use the reading to ascertain the ring size.